© 2018 - International Centre for Investigative Reporting
Jonathan Names Other National Dialogue Committee Members
A 13-member advisory committee has been named for the proposed national conference announced on Tuesday by President Goodluck Jonathan during his 53rd independence address to chart a way forward for the country.
A statement released in Abuja on Tuesday by secretary to the government of the federation, Anyim Pius Anyim, confirmed the approval of the president on the committee members along with their terms of reference
The committee is headed by Femi Okurounmu with AkiluIndabawa as the Secretary.
Other members are as follows
Prof George Obiozo – Member
Prof. Ben Nwabueze – Member
Sen. KhairatGwadabe – Member
Sen. Timothy Adudu – Member
Col. Tony Nyiam (Rtd) – Member
Prof. Funke Adebayo – Member
Dr. (Mrs) Mairo Ahmed Amshi – Member
Dr.AbubakarSadiq – Member
Alh. DaudaBirma – Member
MallamBuhari Bello – Member
Mr. Tony Uranta – Member
The terms of reference of the committee according to the statement are:
– To consult expeditiously with all relevant stakeholders with a view to drawing up a feasible agenda for the proposed national dialogue/conference
– To make recommendations to government on structure and modalities for the proposed national dialogue/conference
– To make recommendations to government on how representation of various interest groups at the national dialogue/conference will be determined.
– To advise on a timeframe for the national dialogue/conference
– Advise government on a legal framework for the national dialogue/conference.
– To advise government on legal procedures and options for integrating decisions and outcomes of the national dialogue/ conference into the constitution and laws of the nation
– To advise Government on any other matters that may be related or incidental to the proposed national dialogue/conference.
The Committee which will be inaugurated by the President at the State House on Monday October 7, 2013 by 10:00 am, was given one month to conclude the assignment.