© 2019 - International Centre for Investigative Reporting
APC names Sanwo-Olu, El-Rufai, 22 others as governorship candidates
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has released the names of 24 cleared candidates for the forthcoming 2019 governorship elections.
The list was included in a statement signed by the Ag. National Publicity Secretary of the party, Yekini Nabe, on Thursday.
According to the statement, the party’s National Working Committee (NWC), meeting which held on Thursday ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and cleared 24 candidates as governorship candidates for the APC.
The party which conducted its governorship primaries across the country has not resolved governorship candidates for all the 36 states.
Some states’ primaries were postponed due to some irregularities. In Imo and Zamfara states, the APC said new electoral panels would be set up to conduct governorship primaries.
Read the full list of approved candidates below:
- ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
- MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
- SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
- NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
- MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
- AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
- ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
- AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
- ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
- BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
- MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
- ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
- EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
- BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
- TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
- UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
- NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
- ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
- DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
- GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
- OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
- INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
- SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
- SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE