Army Confirms 40 Terrorists Dead In Attack On Military Base

The Defence Headquarters confirmed on Friday that no fewer than 40 terrorists died while trying to free their captured members in an encounter with troops in the outskirts of Bulanbuli, Borno.

Bulanbuli is between Alagarmo and Sambisa Forest where the terrorists had been attempting to establish a stronghold in their campaign.

The Director of Defence Information, Chris Olukolade, a Major General, said in a statement that some captured terrorists believed to be the ring leaders of those operating around Alagarmo, sparked off a major fight in the outskirts on Thursday night.

Read this also:  INTERVIEW: Nigeria's entire education sector is a madhouse, says Itodo Anthony

“Over 40 terrorists died in the encounter while four soldiers lost their lives and nine were wounded. More than 16 rifles and a substantial number of assorted calibres of ammunition, Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) materials, SIM Cards and electronic items were recovered from the terrorists,” he said.

Read this also:  Yari, Zamfara governor, stays away from state despite massive killings

Olukolade said two of the terrorists were arrested at a local market two days ago, while trying to procure foodstuff while others were spying on the military base in the area.

The statement said that other members of the group still being trailed included a terrorist medic who was on a mission to procure drugs for use by his colleagues.

Comments

comments

Comment on this: