Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Nyanya Bombing

Musdapha Ilo, Maiduguri

A new video emerged of the wanted leader of the outlawed Boko Haram sect, Abubakar Shekau, on Saturday, where he claims responsibility for the Nyanya motor park suicide bombing on Monday.

Scores of people were killed and over 100 others injured in varying degrees in the attack.

Shekau in the video, stated that the attack was to avenge the incessant killing of Muslims in Nigeria and other parts of the world and to show the displeasure of the sect against the inaction of Western powers to stop the alleged killing.

Read this also:  Senate to pass South East development commission bill soon, says Ekweremadu

Shekau in his usual sarcastic manner said: “We are the ones who carried out the bombing in Abuja in an area called Nyanya. We did it because you (referring to the Federal Government and its allies) killed Muslims in Plateau; you killed Muslims in every country of the world. Why don’t your global tyrants talk when Muslims are killed in Afghanistan?…”

Read this also:  N23b Diezani bribe: Court remands ex-Minister, Shagari, four others

Boko Haram under the leadership of Shekau, has claimed responsibility for several other mindless killings in several parts of the country, especially the North, since 2009.

President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012, declared a N290 million ransom for anyone who could volunteer useful information that would lead to Shekau’s arrest, including 18 other leaders of the group.

Read this also:  Controversy as church mandates intending couples to undergo "genital test" before marriage

Last year, the United States also placed a $7 million bounty on the sect leader.

Comments

comments

Comment on this: