© 2019 - International Centre for Investigative Reporting
Four killed, others wounded, in Borno suicide bomb attack
Four persons have been reported dead while eight others were wounded in a suicide bomb blast on Sunday morning at a mosque in Bama Local Government, Borno state.
This was confirmed to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) by Baba-Shehu Gulumba, the chairman of the council, who said the bombers included two teenagers, a boy and girl. They infiltrated a mosque at Bama-Dina quarters and detonated explosives strapped to their bodies.
He disclosed that the incident happened at about 5:00a.m. when Muslim residents were gathering for the morning prayer.
He said three persons died on the spot and another gave up later at the Maiduguri Specialist Hospital, where other wounded persons were admitted for treatment.
Gulumba also noted that security had been reinforced in the community through the construction of trenches and the imposition of a curfew.
“We restricted movement from 6:30p.m. in the town and called on people to abide by the restriction order,” he said.
Sunday’s attack comes barely four weeks after thousands of internally displaced persons were resettled in the community.