Gov Shettima Donates N100 million To Bill Haram Attack Victims

Musdapha Ilo, MaiduguriGovernor Kashim Shettima of  Borno State has approved the sum of N100 million to rebuild about 2,000 houses destroyed during Tuesday’s attack on Konduga, headquarters of Konduga Local Government Area of the state by suspected Boko Haram members.

Shettima approved the sum on Wednesday when he paid visit to the affected area and saw the destruction perpetrated by the group even as surviving residents fled the area to safer places.
The governor could not hold back tears at the partly destroyed central mosque when he participated in prayers for 33 persons who had been slain in the attack and were about to be buried.
Eighteen persons had already been buried in Madarari, one of the wards in the local government area.

“I will remain with Borno people and share their pain. I am ready to face the problem with my people and together we will find solution to it. Whatever resources it will take to build the houses, I will spend it,” the governor said.

Read this also:  Allow your girls to finish secondary school, Shettima warns Borno parents against child marriage

He said that part of the N100 million would be spent on the purchase of relief materials for victims of the attack and also set up a six-man committee headed by Kaka Yale, a senator, to work out modalities for the reconstruction of the houses as well as purchase of relief materials.

Read this also:  $16 billion power project: Probe me if you can, Obasanjo dares Buhari

Eyewitnesses say about 100 persons were killed in the attack in which 50 others were injured and many others are still missing.

It was alleged that at least 25 teenage girls were abducted.

Some of the burnt structures included the headquarter building of Konduga local government council, the house of the district head, mosques, schools, hospitals, courts, library, among others.

Comments

comments

Comment on this: