fbpx
Promoting Good Governance.

Military Drives Insurgents From Monguno And Other Communities

Boko Haram insurgents have been driven out of Monguno and other surrounding areas by Nigerian troops as the military intensifies its offensive against insurgency, the Defence Headquarters, DHQ, said.

A statement released on Monday by the Director of Defence Information, Chris Olukolade, a Major General, said that the “military operation spearheaded by highly coordinated air assaults have completed the mission of clearing terrorists from Monguno and environs.”

Olukolade said that some insurgents were arrested along with truckloads of rice, beans and other materials meant for supply to the terrorists operating around Baga in Borno State.

He stated further: “Casualty inflicted and arms recovered as well as other outcome of the operation in Munguno, Marte and other communities already secured, will be determined after the on-going cordon and search in the environs.”

The Defence spokesman assured that ground and air operations were still going on to clear Boko Haram terrorists from other communities where they are holding out.

The insurgents launched massive simultaneous attacks on Monguno, Konduga and Maiduguri, the Borno State capital on January 25. While they were successfully repelled in Maiduguri and Konduga, the insurgents have held on to Monguno since then.

 

Loading...