29.1 C
Abuja

20,000 People To Be Employed In Sokoto Fertilizer Plant

Advertisement

Related

Advertisement
Advertisement

The Sokoto State government has said that at least 20,000 people will be directly employed when its 15,000-metric tonnes organic fertilizer plant begins full production in December.

This was made known by the managing director of Sokoto Investment Company, Aliyu Bala, during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the state government and IML limited, the company that has invested in the project.

Bala explained that the state government owns 40 percent stake in the company, while IML Ltd, will hold the remaining 60 percent equity stake.

He noted that the construction of the fertilizer plant has been completed,while finishing touches are being put on auxiliary structures that will support the main plant.

“If you may recall, the State Executive Council recently gave approval for us to acquire equity share in the company and hold same in trust on behalf of the people of Sokoto State. Today’s event is in keeping with that mandate,” he said.

“When fully on stream, this factory will create direct and indirect jobs to almost 20,000 people.

“It will provide job opportunities to both skilled and unskilled professionals, thereby reducing unemployment in the state,” Bala added.

L-R: Chairman of IML Industries Ltd, Bilya Sanda, Sokoto State  Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Sulaiman Usman, and the SSG, Bashir Garba, during the signing of the MoU
L-R: Chairman of IML Industries Ltd, Bilya Sanda, Sokoto State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Sulaiman Usman, and the SSG, Bashir Garba, during the signing of the MoU

- Advertisement -

He further explained that the state government opted for a Public Private Partnership, PPP, in setting up the plant so as to ensure its sustainability, and at the same time allow private investors to complement the efforts of the state.

The MD of the Sokoto Investment Company noted that the state government is also exploring more investment opportunities as local and foreign investors have shown interest in investing in various sectors of the state.

The MOU was signed by Bilya Sanda on behalf of IML Ltd, while the Secretary to the Sokoto State Government and the state Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice signed on behalf of the state government.

Support the ICIR

We invite you to support us to continue the work we do.

Your support will strengthen journalism in Nigeria and help sustain our democracy.

[molongui_author_box]

If you or someone you know has a lead, tip or personal experience about this report, our WhatsApp line is open and confidential for a conversation

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Support the ICIR

We need your support to produce excellent journalism at all times.

Advertisement

Recent

Floods ravaged over 31,000 households in Yobe – SEMA

THE Yobe State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) has said that over 31,000 households were...

2023: INEC reveals plans to deploy undercover agents to polling units

THE Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has disclosed plans to deploy undercover agents to...

Imo govt approves promotion, free medical services for civil servants

THE governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodiinma, says it has approved promotions and free...

2023: Six APC governors meet NWC over campaign council crisis

SIX governors of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and some members of the...

ASUU: Jega knocks Ngige, says he is creating more problems

A FORMER chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Attahiru Jega, says the...
Advertisement

Most Read

Advertisement

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertisement