BBOG Group Calls Buhari “A Failure” 

Men of the Nigerian Police barricaded the road leading to the Presidential Villa
Men of the Nigerian Police barricaded the road leading to the Presidential Villa

The Bring Back Our Girls, BBOG, campaign group, has labeled President Muhammadu Buhari a “failure” for his inability to rescue the abducted Chibok girls.

Aisha Yesufu, one of the leaders of the group, expressed this opinion on Thursday after security personnel, again, denied the group access to the presidential villa.

A visibly unhappy Yesufu said the President was enjoying life at the villa and has forgotten the plight of the people that voted him into office.

“Mr President you are a failure, I dare President Muhammadu Buhari, you should stand up and behave like a man.

“We are tired of hearing no credible intelligence, I can say that the president is not doing anything,” she said.

Yesufu noted that the rescue of the abducted girls was not a favour but a right as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.

Former Education Minister and co-founder of the BBOG group, Obiageli Ezekwesili, said it was a pity that the government continue to claim not to have intelligence on the whereabouts of the girls.

“For 846 days, our Chibok girls have been captured and you say you don’t have credible intelligence as president of Nigeria?” she queried.

“Nigeria voted you in to serve their purpose, Mr President we are disappointed.

“Leadership is about making tough decisions and as president we can’t wait forever or for credible intelligence.






     

     

    How many times would he say no credible intelligence?” Ezekwesili wondered.

    The BBOG campaigners were refused entry into the presidential villa on Monday, but the group said they would keep repeating the visit to the villa every 2 days until it was granted an audience with the president.

    The campaign for the rescue of the Chibok girls assumed a renewed tempo after the Boko Haram militants released a video showing some of the girls and demanding that government released its fighters being held in detention.

    In the video, the terrorist group also alleged that many of the girls had been killed in an air raid by the Nigerian military.

    Join the ICIR WhatsApp channel for in-depth reports on the economy, politics and governance, and investigative reports.

    Support the ICIR

    We invite you to support us to continue the work we do.

    Your support will strengthen journalism in Nigeria and help sustain our democracy.

    If you or someone you know has a lead, tip or personal experience about this report, our WhatsApp line is open and confidential for a conversation

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here


    Support the ICIR

    We need your support to produce excellent journalism at all times.

    - Advertisement

    Recent

    - Advertisement