© 2019 - International Centre for Investigative Reporting
15 companies win contract to lift Nigeria’s crude oil (Full list)
THE Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says 15 companies have emerged winners of the Direct Sales and Direct Purchase (DSDP) of Crude oil contract for 2019/2020.
The was disclosed in a statement issued by its spokesman, Mr Ndu Ughamadu, through the corporation official twitter handle @NNPCgroup on Sunday.
“Under the DSDP arrangement, the under listed fifteen (15) consortia/companies shall over the contract period, offtake crude oil and in return, deliver corresponding petroleum products of equivalent value to NNPC, subject to the terms of the agreement.
“The contract is for one year, effective 1st October, 2019 to 30th September, 2020,” he said.
Successful companies listed by NNPC are as follows:
- BP OIL INTERNATIONAL LTD./AYM SHAFA LTD.
- VITOL SA/CALSON-HYSON
- TOTSA TOTAL OIL TRADING SA/TOTAL NIG. PLC
- GUNVOR INTERNATIONAL B.V./AY MAIKIFI OIL & GAS CO. LTD.
- TRAFIGURA PTE LTD./A. A. RANO NIG. LTD
- CEPSA S.A.U./OANDO PLC
- MOCOH SA/MOCOH NIG. LTD.
- LITASCO SA/BRITTANIA-U NIG. LTD./FREEPOINT COMMODITIES
- MRS OIL & GAS COMPANY LTD
- SAHARA ENERGY RESOURCE LTD
- BONO ENERGY LTD./ETERNA PLC/ARKLEEN OIL & GAS LTD./AMAZON ENERGY
- MATRIX ENERGY LTD./PETRATLANTIC ENERGY LTD./UTM OFFSHORE LTD./LEVENE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT LTD
- MERCURIA ENERGY TRADING SA/ BARBEDOS OIL & GAS SERVICES LTD./RAINOIL LTD./PETROGAS ENERGY
- ASIAN OIL & GAS PTE LTD./ EYRIE ENERGY LTD./ MASTERS ENERGY OIL & GAS LTD/CASIVA LTD
- DUKE OIL COMPANY INCORPORATED.
Ughamadu further stated that the tender process comprised technical and commercial bid submission respectively, evaluation and shortlisting, then commercial negotiations with pre-qualified companies and engagement of the successful consortia/companies by NNPC.
It will be recalled that on 8 July, the newly appointed NNPC GMD, Mallam Kyari, during his takeover note, had promised to open NNPC books to public scrutiny, saying as a publicly owned company it will aid smooth running of the operations.
He hereby urged his management’s team commitment to transparency and accountability during a town hall meeting with the staff of the corporation.