FG Investigates Killing Of Three Nigerians In Guinea-Bissau

The federal government on Wednesday ordered investigation into the reported killing of three Nigerians and the attack on the Nigerian Embassy in Guinea-Bissau on Tuesday.
 
The special adviser to President Gooduck Jonathan on media and publicity, Reuben Abati, told State House correspondents in Abuja that the incident was discussed during the Federal Executive Council, FEC, today.
 
“Indeed, during the FEC meeting today, the minister of State for Foreign Affairs II, who is in-charge of Africa, briefed council about development in Guinea Bissau involving an attack on the Embassy, resulting in the death of at least one Nigerian,” he said.
 
Abati said the Nigerian Ambassador in Guinea Bissau was directed immediately to take up the matter with the minister of foreign affairs in Guinea Bissau and that the matter is being investigated.
 
The lynched Nigerians were alleged to have kidnapped a child in Bissau, the capital, and were killed by an angry mob using stones and bottles.
 
According to the AFP, rumours spread that the missing child had been abducted by the Nigerians. This prompted an angry crowd to gather in the centre of the city to form a mob which security forces were unable to control.

 Show message history

Comments

comments

Read this also:  37,000 police recruits take JAMB aptitude test nationwide – but only 6000 will be taken

Comment on this: