Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has denied allegations by the military that he is running a terrorist organisation. In a telephone interview with Channels television…
The Nigerian military says the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) will henceforth be treated as a “militant terrorist organisation”. In a statement issued on Friday, John Enenche, Director of Defence…
Conscience is an open wound: only truth can heal it — Uthman Dan Fodio (1754-1816). This is the 13th month since I stopped believing the official statements of the…
In a joint statement signed by representatives of CSOs including former chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, Chidi Odinkalu, the groups noted that acts of hostility against independent journalists and public commentators were becoming more regular by the day.
Spokesman of the Defence Headquarters, John Enenche said the warning by the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, was a caution to officers to remain professional in their conducts.
Although the Nigerian government has denied it, reliable military intelligence sources told icirnigeria.org that 80 Boko Haram fighters and five commanders were released in exchange for the 82 girls released by the insurgency group last week.
A coalition of 40 civil society organizations has condemned the recent protest against the international human rights group, Amnesty International, AI, in Abuja, by people the coalition described as a “group of rented crowd.”
The Nigerian Military has issued a stern warning to the Amnesty International, AI, and it affiliates to desist from meddling into security issues in the country, adding that the organisation was a threat to democracy in the country.
The Amnesty International on Wednesday released its annual report on Nigeria in which it disclosed that the activities of Boko Haram terrorists group in the North East have so far affected 14.8 million people in the region.
Following the accidental bombing of an Internally Displaced Persons Camp in Rann community in Kala-Balge Local Government Area of Borno State, a total of 234 people who were killed in the incident have been buried.