© 2019 - International Centre for Investigative Reporting
ICIR Invites Applications For Post Of Program Officer
There is an opening for the position of a Program Officer at the International Centre for Investigative Reporting, ICIR.
The ICIR is an independent, nonprofit news agency that seeks to promote transparency and accountability in Nigeria through robust and objective investigative reporting, with a mission to promote good governance and entrench democratic values by reporting, exposing, and combating corruption.
The Centre is a member of the Global Investigative Journalism Network, GIJN.
Details of the Vacancy are as follows:
Position Title: Program Officer
Location: FCT, Abuja
Who may apply: Open to only female candidates
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Application Deadline: Monday, May 15, 2017
The Program Officer position calls for a professional who must have experience in project design, implementation, reporting and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
She must be able to work on or coordinate several simultaneously running projects and work with minimal supervision.
She must also have experience working in and/or providing direct support to other departments and collaborating with others to achieve organizational and project goals.
In addition, she must responds flexibly and capably to a range of work-related requirements such as: (1) providing information on programs; (2) tracking unsolicited proposals; and (3) liaising with the Finance Department for seamless budget implementation and carrying out other assignments as directed by her supervisor.
The successful candidate must be based or be ready to work in Abuja, and be ready to resume work immediately.
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation;
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration;
- Develops project proposals; updates annual schedule and plan; writes quarterly reports; and monitors progress to ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner;
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to results management, including collecting of programme/ projects documentation, projects data entering, preparation of revisions, filing, provision of information;
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners, stakeholders and funders;
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual funders.
Required Skills and Experience:
The candidate selected for this position will show evidence of:
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding project management cycle
- Hands-on experience in proposal and report writing
- Meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and setting priorities in a busy professional environment
- Evidence of productive and positive working relationships with colleagues and peers
- Good use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems
- At least three years of experience overseeing development programs on behalf of a donor or implementing organization
- Have a minimum of an HND or Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience with the media or a media organization will be an added advantage
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter describing your experience focused around the skills relevant to this job to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of work on Monday May 15, 2017.
Please label the subject line of the e-mail “Program Officer – Your Name.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.