© 2018 - International Centre for Investigative Reporting
PRESTIGIOUS CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP OPENS
Applications for the 2014-2015 Chevening Scholarship, the prestigious global program of the UK government are now open.
The Scholarship is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
The programme will this year support over 600 established or emerging leaders from 118 countries worldwide.
It provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject and at any UK university.
An applicant must:
– Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, with the intent to return there at the end of the period of study;
– Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper second-class honors degree in the UK;
– Achieve the minimum Chevening English language requirement;
– Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience before applying for a Chevening Scholarship;
– Be able to obtain the correct visa, and receive an unconditional offer from a UK university.
– Not be employees, relatives of employees, or former employees, who left within the past two years of the UK government including British embassies and high commissions, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
– Have a minimum of two years’ work experience.
Applications for the 2014-15 Chevening Scholarships must be submitted online at http://www.chevening.org. Instructions on submitting your application can be found in the Guidance for Applicants.
Further guidelines will be posted on the official website, and must be read before the submission of applications. Closing dates and priority subject areas are available on the country pages of the Chevening website at http://www.chevening.org
Established in 1983, Chevening, a merit-based, open, international competition, gives awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
There are over 42,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.