fbpx
Promoting Good Governance.

Shekau Denies Ceasefire Deal With FG In New Video

Advertisement

The Boko Haram Islamic sect had denied that it is involved in any ceasefire deal with the Nigerian government. The sect in a new video acquired on Friday by AFP said the federal government’s claim was false.

Leader,of the terrorist group, Abubarkar Shekau, allegedly killed by the Nigerian Armed forces, showed up in the new video dashing the hopes of many who await the return of the kidnapped Chibok girls, as he stated that they had converted to Islam and had been married off.

“Don’t you know the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls have converted to Islam? They have now memorised two chapters of the Koran,” he said. Shekau said that the sect will continue to wage war against the Nigeria just as he also denied any relationship with Danladi Adamu, who said he was the sect’s representative in the negotiation for cease fire.

“We don’t know that impostor called Danladi Adamu, we have never asked him to speak on our behalf because in this war there is no going back,” Shekau said.

Advertisement

He said the group is still holding captive a German citizen, who was kidnapped in Adamawa state in July 2014.

The video is coming a few weeks after the Nigerian military and presidency publicly announced on October 17 that the country had reached a cease fire agreement with the dreaded Boko Haram Islamic sect.

The presidency also stated that part of the agreement reached with the sect was to free the abducted Chibok.

In spite of the ceasefire, however, Boko Haram insurgents continue to attack villages and towns in the North east.

 

Comment on this:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.