Saraki’s CCT trial continues on November 5

Photo: Premium Times
Photo: Premium Times


The Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Friday announced the continuation of the trail of Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki on November 5 following the favorable judgement of the Appeal Court.

Rotimi Jacobs, representing the federal government, who disclosed the notice to journalists in Abuja, said the CCT has been vindicated for the Saraki’s trial to continue.






     

     

    Earlier on Friday, Justice Moore Agumanen, upheld Saraki’s trial at the tribunal after reading a majority verdict of the Court of Appeal.

    Agumanen, said the tribunal was properly constituted, quashing one of the former Kwara state governor’s objections to the trial.

    In a minority opinion, Justice Joseph Ekanem, however, held that Saraki’s appeal has merit.

    The majority verdict, however, by the judges, including Justice Mohammed Mustapha, was that  the tribunal, led by Danladi Umar, could sit with the chairman and one other member.

    Join the ICIR WhatsApp channel for in-depth reports on the economy, politics and governance, and investigative reports.

    Support the ICIR

    We invite you to support us to continue the work we do.

    Your support will strengthen journalism in Nigeria and help sustain our democracy.

    If you or someone you know has a lead, tip or personal experience about this report, our WhatsApp line is open and confidential for a conversation

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here


    Support the ICIR

    We need your support to produce excellent journalism at all times.

    - Advertisement

    Recent

    - Advertisement