Fire guts building on Lagos Island

FIRE has gutted a building located on Adeola Odeku in Victoria Island, Lagos.

The fire was said to have been caused by a generator explosion, which occurred in the early hours of today.

According to a video obtained by The ICIR, a car parked near the building where the explosion happened caught fire.






     

     


    Read Also:

     

    The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) confirmed the incident.
    According to a statement by the agency, nine persons, all of them male adults, suffered burns and injuries and were taken to an undisclosed hospital.

    “Investigation gathered at the scene revealed the fire emanated from the generator house,” it read.

    It said that first responders, including officials of LASEMA and Lagos Fire Service and Rescue, prevented the fire from spreading.

    Experienced Business reporter seeking the truth and upholding justice. Covered capital markets, aviation, maritime, road and rail, as well as economy. Email tips to [email protected]. Follow on Twitter @theminentmuyiwa and on Instagram @Hollumuyiwah.

    Join the ICIR WhatsApp channel for in-depth reports on the economy, politics and governance, and investigative reports.

    Support the ICIR

    We invite you to support us to continue the work we do.

    Your support will strengthen journalism in Nigeria and help sustain our democracy.

    If you or someone you know has a lead, tip or personal experience about this report, our WhatsApp line is open and confidential for a conversation

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here


    Support the ICIR

    We need your support to produce excellent journalism at all times.

    - Advertisement

    Recent

    - Advertisement